entrevista a the humms (en inglés)

♠ Posted by @jero22ind at 1/28/2012 01:40:00 a. m.



Un grupo que ha sido una de las sorpresas de este 2011 y 2012.... Americanos en primicia para España:


How  was the beginnings of the band?

The HUMMS were formed in early 2008 by myself and friends, Tyler Glenn (Bass) and John Bleech (Drums). They left the band about 1 and ½ years in, that’s when I moved back to my childhood home and recorded LEMONLAND (the bands debut). In the months before the record was released, I put together another live band through folks I had met in Athens and on the road and re-formed the band.

-Influences (other bans)

My father (Clem Sayer), way too many bands to name other than just claiming wild tempo’d Rock and Roll music, Traditional folk and country songs like by The Carter Family and Jimmie Rodgers, Rev. Gary Davis, The Chess Electric Blues sound, Sun Records.

-What do you think about the SOAP LAW?

I haven’t really been following that. Not to say I don’t care.  I know what it is and what it’s about. In my opinion it’s pretty fucked up, but worst case, folks learn to live without the internet again. Maybe that will pull some people’s noses out of their smart phones for 5 minutes.

-Tell us about your records

I’ve put out 5 or 6 if I can remember right. They are what they are and I enjoy putting them together. I end up taking so long with recordings most of the time but that’s necessary I suppose. The first record was 3 months, then 6 months and then 3 years. Then again sometimes, when you hear a finished track, you know it.

-What do you remember about the  beginnings ( Sayer Studio...)

I got into the Beatles and learned to play the guitar. My father bought me a 4-track tape recorder and I started recording myself and other things around the house like mom playing Hymns on the Piano. Since then  it’s been an ever-expanding thing, naturally. Currently the studio is 24-track and housed in a vintage auditorium that played host to Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and so many other folks back in the 70's. In fact, it was opened oddly enough on Halloween 1971. 

-¿Anecdotes?

Never lend money to a man with a sense of humor.

-Will you come to Spain?

I’ll say what a wise soul once said to me, “It is foolish to make plans, but one can have ideas”

-Is U.S.A a good place for growing up as a band?

I suppose it’s definitely not the worst place. I was raised from childhood in a Music Park, which is a great environment, but of course I didn’t realize that first off.

-Do you preffer U.S.A. or UK

UK on a rainy day

- Blood Sucking Vampire is a perfect song (How was it created)

The original drummer (John Bleech) came up with the idea to write a song about being trapped in your house by a "bloooooood suckkkkking vammmmpire". Originally it was a bit slower but we sped it up and I completed the song. 

-Anecdotes of the  Don't Think About Death ´s video?

I’m not really sure. Me and my buddy Benjamin Werner, who’s helped me on a few video projects got together and did a lot of it on the fly. The DTAD video was shot on a home cam, using a mic stand as a tripod.

-Your perfect fest. (groups (dead/alive) place)

The GA State Bluegrass Festival at the Shoal Creek Music Park.

-Future concerts
We have plans to play a lot more in 2012. This past year really kept things low key it seemed, but that’s good for anyone. It seems with The Humms, we will fire out like fire for 6 months and then scatter for 7 months. It’s strange but each time we come back it’s something new and better. But HEY we are playing live on the Athens College radio on Feb 3rd. You can go to their website and tune in through that,www.wuog.org we'll play at 8pm...I'm not sure what time that will be over there but I thought I'd mention!

-Others (all u wanna say)
For what it’s worth, I have another band I put together in 2011 called The Shoal Creek Stranglers.




More info;


http://www.thehumms.com/




 http://www.myspace.com/thehumms

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario

Puedes comentar lo que estimes oportuno